Classmate-Wearing-Yarmulka gets a job and passes the bar exam

Lawyer-Wearing-Yarmulka

Thursday, December 21, 2006

DovBear Apologizes

Received via email. Reprinted with permission.

I made a mistake, and I am sorry.

Bottom line: I blog all day long, and sometimes I get lazy in ways large and small. On occasion, that included omitting to properly attribute sources. Now, DovWeasel has made my sins abundantly clear. My plan is to carefully review my blog, and to provide proper attribution in every instance. I hope to do this in the coming days and weeks, but I am making my intentions known now, so I won't be accused of destroying evidence.

Again, I apologize and make no excuses.

8 Comments:

I knew it. I mean, DB sometimes forgets to give hat tips, so this is probably the same phenomenon.

I had the second post on my "IAmDovBear" blog all planned. Excerpts from UML Distilled, second edition, were to be featured.
"I mean, DB sometimes forgets to give hat tips, so this is probably the same phenomenon."

It isn't. He pulled whole paragraphs and sections from other articles and passed then off as his own writing. That's not anywhere near the level of forgetting hat tips.
Where is the public apology posted on his blog?
It isn't. He pulled whole paragraphs and sections from other articles and passed then off as his own writing. That's not anywhere near the level of forgetting hat tips.

I see only a handful of cases of this nature on the DpvWeasel blog. Most fall short of plagiarism.
"I see only a handful of cases of this nature on the DpvWeasel blog."

Oh, then i guess its ok. Moron.
Not okay, but please keep this in perspective. DB writes a valuable blog. He failed to attribute on a few posts, and way have lifted a passage or even a paragraph once or twice. Ok. That's wrong, but it isn't murder. Attempting to destroy a useful and valuable blog might be worse. You should have just told him about the problems and asked him to correct them. I am sure he would have. Your weasal blog just makes you look like a hater.
"Not okay, but please keep this in perspective. .That's wrong, but it isn't murder"

No one here is claiming it is murder, just as colleges arent claiming it is murder when they expel students or news papers/publishers arent claiming murder when they fire workers.

We only know DB as a blogger, and nothing else. And his "blogging" identity know includes "plagiarizer"
DB isn't a student, or a reporter or a novelist. That, and the fact that his sins, while sins, were minor, calls for forgivness. He has apologized. He has corrected the posts. That's all he can do.

Only the people who previously hated DB are still talking about this. The rest of us have moved on.

Add a comment