Classmate-Wearing-Yarmulka gets a job and passes the bar exam

Lawyer-Wearing-Yarmulka

Monday, March 10, 2008

Obama and the Supreme Court

There was a brief moment, a few weeks ago, where I seriously thought that I would vote for Obama/ Hillary should McCain win the GOP nomination. I am not a McCain fan, and I figured that I'd rather have a real Democrat in the White House than a Republican that often acts like one.

Well, I got over that real quickly for a variety of reasons. Here's one that I for some reason did not give much though to until reading this.

Edward Whelan discusses what kind of judges Obama would likely appoint to the Supreme Court, and his underlying Constitutional theories.

He also digs up this quote from Obama:

"We need somebody who's got the heart, the empathy, to recognize what it's like to be a young teenage mom, the empathy to understand what it's like to be poor or African-American or gay or disabled or old--and that's the criterion by which I'll be selecting my judges."

God save this honorable Court if he's elected.

0 Comments:

Add a comment