Classmate-Wearing-Yarmulka gets a job and passes the bar exam

Lawyer-Wearing-Yarmulka

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Obamamania, Deflated, Part II

Richard Cohen takes on Obama and his minister, who is apparently a fan of Louis Farrakhan.
I don't for a moment think that Obama shares Wright's views on Farrakhan. But the rap on Obama is that he is a fog of a man. We know little about him, and, for all my admiration of him, I wonder about his mettle. The New York Times recently reported on Obama's penchant while serving in the Illinois legislature for merely voting "present" when faced with some tough issues. Farrakhan, in a strictly political sense, may be a tough issue for him. This time, though, "present" will not do.
Obama has been treated with kid gloves by the medial. It's going to end sooner or later, and for Obama's sake, I hope sooner. As James Taranto always says, it's not good for a candidate to be treated so well by the media. It lulls you into a false sense of security and complacency

1 Comments:

Obama responded:

"I decry racism and anti-Semitism in every form and strongly condemn the anti-Semitic statements made by Minister Farrakhan. I assume that Trumpet Magazine made its own decision to honor Farrakhan based on his efforts to rehabilitate ex-offenders, but it is not a decision with which I agree."

Add a comment