Classmate-Wearing-Yarmulka gets a job and passes the bar exam

Lawyer-Wearing-Yarmulka

Thursday, January 04, 2007

BREAKING NEWS- EL AL PLANE ENGINE FAILURE

I've been avoiding the whole El-Al boycott thing, but I've been just told that the El Al flight from New York to Tel Aviv tonight had to turn back after losing an engine. They dumped fuel and landed safely in JFK.

[UPDATE]

El Al flight 002 turned around after 1 hour in the air after one of the 4 engines failed. They turned around, circled for 45 minutes to dump fuel, and landed safely. f

[UPDATE]

I'd love to provide a link to the story, but as of 11:10 P.M., EST, my only source is my cousin who was on the flight.

5 Comments:

How'd you find out? Is it anywhere on the web?
My cousin was on the flight. I'll update the post, should have made it clear. I haven't seen the story on the news yet.
Are you implying this is related to the boycott?
As I do not have a direct line to God, I have no idea. But I'm sure there are those who will no doubt foolishly draw a connection.
Why should this happen if they signed the Shmirat Shabbat agreement?

And this happened on Thursday; engine failure during landing. Could have been catastrophic.

link: http://joesettler.blogspot.com/2007/01/shabbos-saves-el-al.html

Add a comment