Classmate-Wearing-Yarmulka gets a job and passes the bar exam

Lawyer-Wearing-Yarmulka

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

"Congratulations And Thanks"

Jonah Goldberg summarizes it perfectly...

Look, I expect to be one of the most severe critics of the Obama administration and the Democrats generally in the years ahead (though I sincerely hope I won't find that necessary). But Obama ran a brilliant race and he should be congratulated for it. Moreover, during the debate over the financial crisis, Obama said that a president should be able to do more than one thing at a time. Well, I think we members of the loyal opposition should be able to make distinctions simultaneously. It is a wonderful thing to have the first African-American president. It is a wonderful thing that in a country where feelings are so intense that power can be transferred so peacefully. Let us hope that the Obama his most dedicated — and most sensible! — fans see turns out to be the real Obama. Let us hope that Obama succeeds and becomes a great president, for all the right reasons.

As for John McCain, he is an American hero and arguably the best candidate we could have fielded. I will in the days to come offer no small amount of criticism about his campaign. But where his campaign may have lacked qualities that would have helped it win, the candidate never lacked for honor and integrity. Thank you John McCain for your sacrifice, commitment, and honor.

God bless America, and may He guide Obama to be the best president possible.

5 Comments:

I really hope conservatives give Obama half a chance, but I'm skeptical. I turned on right-wing radio this morning for about 2 minutes and it was pretty ugly.
JA - By give him a chance do you mean not oppose his policies vigorously (to the extent that they are, as they likely will be, policies that Republicans have generally opposed)? Or would it be sufficient to try and work with him on common-ground issues and not try and ise any event or policy issue to attack him and try and bring him down (y'know, like the Dems have been with Bush for the last 8 years)?

I'm all for the second approach by the way - he is going to be president, and I think that at some point politics has to be about governance and not just the next election. But that does not mean the Republicans should give one inch on national health care, card-check, taxes, etc.
No, they can oppose his policies if they think they're wrong. I'm just saying to not assume everything he does is evil or in bad faith.
JA - I think that is the approach a large number (though of course not all) of conservative pundits are taking. I see a lot of talk about "let's not treat Obama like the Dems treated Bush" out there in staunchly conservative places like HotAir and The Corner.
All my best wishes to Obama! And all my best wishes to the Americans!! May God be with them!

This is Nancy from Israeli Uncensored News

Add a comment