Classmate-Wearing-Yarmulka gets a job and passes the bar exam

Lawyer-Wearing-Yarmulka

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Trader Joe's

There's been a lot of hoopla about the Trader Joe's that opened in Union Square a few weeks ago. I got interested when I found out that they carry a lot of kosher products, products that you might not normally find in SuperSol or other kosher supermarkets. They even have a list of all their kosher products on their website, including who gives the hechser!

So today, I found myself in the area and went to check it out. I couldn't believe my eyes: there was a line to get in. A line to get into a supermarket! A supermarket! Seems it's so popular that they have to restrict access to keep the store from overcrowding. Unbelievable.

In case you don't believe me, I whipped out my phone and took a few pictures.

8 Comments:

I don't know if everything will be the same as in California, but here are
some things to look for:

OU Pareve cereals (TJ versions of Cheerios, Corn Flakes, and Raisin Bran)

Good price on Tufutti Cuties and similar items

TJ brand soy milk--Kof-K pareve, good price

Baron Herzog wines at good prices

Pareve tortilla chips, including BBQ

Trader Giotto's Tuscano Marinara Sauce--canned, but inexpensive prepared pasta sauce
Welcome to the World of Trader Joes! As a Los Angelesite, it has been our dirty little west coast secret for kosher food. Enjoy, they are a great company.
I don't recognize some of the hechserim on some of the products. Are these West Coast hechserim? Are the reliable?
Heart-K is good. Most hechsheirim you don't recognize are bad.
Go to kosherquest.com for a good list of heksherim. TJ's is great.
Website no longer exists.
Kosherquest.org not .com
Anyone know anything about Tablet-K?

Add a comment