Classmate-Wearing-Yarmulka gets a job and passes the bar exam

Lawyer-Wearing-Yarmulka

Thursday, April 10, 2008

I Really Don't Like The Second Seder

I'm sure I'm not the only one that really doesn't look forward to the second day of Pesach.

Now, I generally don't mind the whole two-day Yom Tov thing. (Three days, however, that's just too much). Pesach, however, is different. It's the second Seder that really bugs me. The way I see it, it's a complete waste of time. There's always that feeling of "didn't we just do this last night?" There's no real variation in the Seder except at the end, by Nirtza. It's the same thing, all over again, which is not terribly exciting, in such a highly structured meal. Ma Nishtana is great the first night. Second night, not so great. Eating marror is unique the fist night. Second night, it's just annoying.

And to preempt some of the comments, yes I know that I should move to Israel....

2 Comments:

I actually was going to reccomend moving to israel, but now that you said not to say it...

Well, there's always a different "shulchun orech" the second night :)
Both seders suck for me- except for this year- in fact I wrote a long diatribe of how going to a whacky and unique seder like the one I went to helped bring out the goodness of the seder.

Yes Ma Nishtana sucks the second night especially if you have 10 kids saying it in three laungauges.

http://www.frumsatire.net/2008/04/22/why-do-pesach-seders-suck-so-much-my-best-seder-of-all-time/

Add a comment