Classmate-Wearing-Yarmulka gets a job and passes the bar exam

Lawyer-Wearing-Yarmulka

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Today, I Am A Lawyer

I was sworn in today in the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court of the State of New York, Second Judicial Department. I am now officially a lawyer. (Yes, I was admitted to practice in New Jersey months ago, but New Jersey doesn't count).

One thing I must mention. Right after the judges came in, everyone recited the Pledge of Allegiance. As far as I can remember, this was the first time I've ever recited it, and yet I still knew the words.

6 Comments:

mazel tov.
Mazel Tov!
Mazal Tov!
I remember my swearing in before the First Department. Very exciting, but no Pledge of Allegiance.
Mazel tov! Enjoy your career.
Mazel tov!!
You've never said the pledge before?

Add a comment