It's not a true vacation unless you come back with cuts and bruises. So far the casualty list includes...
- One scrape down the length of my arm after being tossed out of my tube into the rocky Esopus River
- One unusually large black and blue mark on same arm after using arm to shield my head from even more rocks.
- One skinned knee from yet another time being tossed out of my tube by the whitewater of the Esopus River.
- One bruise on my leg from I'm not sure where.
- Some sort of shoulder injury after kayaking on Lake George
- And of course an empty wallet after being cleaned out at the Saratoga Racetrack.
You need to learn how to paddle. :)
There's no paddles when you go tubing. Just you, the tube, and your hands.