Classmate-Wearing-Yarmulka gets a job and passes the bar exam

Lawyer-Wearing-Yarmulka

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I Have a Dream...

...that one day a Supreme Court nominee will be asked by a Senate Democrat-

"Will you uphold Roe v. Wade?"

I have a dream, my friends, that the nominee will look into the eyes of that Senator and say-

"I don't see a reason to answer that question. If an abortion issue makes its way to the Supreme Court, I will decide it based on the issues of the case".

I have a dream, that the Senator will recoil in feigned horror and say-

"You mean you don't support a woman's right to choose".

I have a dream that the nominee will forcefully respond-

"My personal view of abortion is irrelevant".

I have a dream - that the nominee will then tell everyone that certain issues are best left to elected officals, and that Roe has done this country terrible harm.

Then I woke up.

0 Comments:

Add a comment